Friday, February 6, 2015

Hertzberger Talking about Centraal Beheer Office Complex




Firstly, I want to say that Herman Hertzberger seems extremely passionate about his building in this video.  Though he's not jumping around, I can see he's proud of what he had accomplished. Secondly, I wanted to mention that this office complex seems very colorful. When I think of an office I don't think color at all, but here there's color everywhere. Other than the walls specifically and the natural light, color came especially from the people.  At the beginning, Hertzberger said his intention was to create a sense of a "village." As the video progressed, I definitely felt this community feeling amongst the people that were there. They themselves said in this video that they had a connection with this building.






"Centraal Beheer Building." YouTube. YouTube, 2 Sept. 2011. Web. 6 Feb. 2015. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKd1a8GI1E8>.

No comments:

Post a Comment